A 12-member committee has thus been set up.
A statement by Odutayo Oluseyi of the Ministry of Police Affairs, said to this end, the Minister, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has inaugurated a 12-member Ministerial interim Committee on the Nigeria Police Trust Fund.
Among the members is Moremi Soyinka-Onijala, a lawyer and daughter of Prof. Wole Soyinka, a critic of Buhari’s handling of security, especially the Fulani herdsmen violence, in Nigeria
The committee is chaired by Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Police Affairs.
Dingyadi said that the careful selection of members of the Committee which comprises of Directors/Heads of Units of the Ministry and senior members of the Police hierarchy was to meet various sector requirements.
The duties of the committee include drawing up the take-off budget for the Trust fund; liaising with the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a suitable office accommodation for the administration of Funds; determining the logistics and other necessary requirements for the effective take-off of the Fund; developing an organizational structure for the administration of staff of the fund; developing a timeline for the take-off of the Fund; and proposing a date for the inauguration of the board.
Full list of members below:
1. Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri (FCA) – Permanent Secretary – Chairman
2. Dr. Kayode Musbau K – (DFA) – Member
3. Bombata Babatunde H. – (DHRM) – Member
4. Barr. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala – (PID) – Member
5. Afroka Emmanuel Chukudi – SA/Perm. Sec. – Member
6. Joseph O Egbunike – CP – Member
7. Shehu Usman Shuaibu – AG. CP – Member
8. Augustine Akpofure Saromi Fsi – DCP – Member
9. Jonathan Towruru – DCP – Member
10. Emeka Frank Mba – DCP/FPPRO – Member
11. Abel Jangnap Miri Zwalchir – ACP – Member
12. Zubairu M.G. – D(PSD) – Member
You may be interested
127 Soldiers Have Reportedly Resigned From Nigerian ArmyWebby - January 22, 2021
127 soldiers have reportedly resigned from the Nigerian army amid the worsening security challenges the military is currently combating in some…
Economy: Oyetola Flags Off Juice Production Company In OsogboWebby - January 22, 2021
…says govt committed to improving ease of doing business in Osun …Oyetola transformation’s agenda superb – Timi of Ede The…
Sheikh Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenah may have contracted COVID-19, may die in prison – Shi’itesWebby - January 22, 2021
The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, otherwise known as Shi’ites, has lamented the continued incarceration of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem…