A 12-member committee has thus been set up.
A statement by Odutayo Oluseyi of the Ministry of Police Affairs, said to this end, the Minister, Muhammad Maigari Dingyadi, has inaugurated a 12-member Ministerial interim Committee on the Nigeria Police Trust Fund.
Among the members is Moremi Soyinka-Onijala, a lawyer and daughter of Prof. Wole Soyinka, a critic of Buhari’s handling of security, especially the Fulani herdsmen violence, in Nigeria
The committee is chaired by Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Police Affairs.
Dingyadi said that the careful selection of members of the Committee which comprises of Directors/Heads of Units of the Ministry and senior members of the Police hierarchy was to meet various sector requirements.
The duties of the committee include drawing up the take-off budget for the Trust fund; liaising with the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation for a suitable office accommodation for the administration of Funds; determining the logistics and other necessary requirements for the effective take-off of the Fund; developing an organizational structure for the administration of staff of the fund; developing a timeline for the take-off of the Fund; and proposing a date for the inauguration of the board.
Full list of members below:
1. Nnamdi Maurice Mbaeri (FCA) – Permanent Secretary – Chairman
2. Dr. Kayode Musbau K – (DFA) – Member
3. Bombata Babatunde H. – (DHRM) – Member
4. Barr. Moremi Soyinka-Onijala – (PID) – Member
5. Afroka Emmanuel Chukudi – SA/Perm. Sec. – Member
6. Joseph O Egbunike – CP – Member
7. Shehu Usman Shuaibu – AG. CP – Member
8. Augustine Akpofure Saromi Fsi – DCP – Member
9. Jonathan Towruru – DCP – Member
10. Emeka Frank Mba – DCP/FPPRO – Member
11. Abel Jangnap Miri Zwalchir – ACP – Member
12. Zubairu M.G. – D(PSD) – Member
You may be interested
Ex-Senate President Joseph Wayas dies in London hospital, Ayade mournsWebby - December 2, 2021
File photo of former Senate President, Joseph Wayas.Former Senate President, Joseph Wayas, has died in a London hospital, the Cross…
Ayade mourns ex-Senate President’s deathWebby - December 2, 2021
Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River on Thursday in Calabar expressed regret at the death of Second Republic Senate President,…
Kaduna to dismiss, prosecute 233 teachers for fake certificates – Full listWebby - December 2, 2021
The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) on Thursday said it is dismissing 233 teachers in public schools in…