Spread the love
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee led by Governor Mala Buni of Yobe State at the weekend listed items for amendment in the party’s constitution at the February 26 national convention.
The National Secretary of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, John James Akpanudodehe Ph.D, in a statement on Saturday, listed the items for proposed amendment in the APC constitution to include:
- Clarify ambiguities in the Constitution
- Fill gaps that became vacant
- Recognize and expand platforms for participation of critical groups such as women, youth, and persons with disabilities
- Replace the Board of Trustees (BoT) with National Advisory Council with streamlined memberships and clear powers and functions
- Create zonal congresses
- Clarify powers of National Executive Committee (NEC) and National Working Committee (NWC)
- Clearer accountability by organs of the party
- New organs for efficient administration of the party
- Fair distribution of income between national and sub-national organs
- Clarify disciplinary procedures and powers, among others.
The Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee had appointed a Constitution Review Committee, which Chairman is Prof. Tahir Mamman SAN, to propose thorough review of the Constitution in accordance with Article 30.
Akpanudodehe, in the statement declared: “In accordance with Article 30 (iii) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Constitution, the Governor Mai Mala Buni-chaired Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) has served a notice of proposed amendments to the Party’s Constitution on members of the National Convention.”
It was clarified that “Article 30 (iii) stipulates that the notice is served at least fourteen (14) days before the date of the National Convention at which the proposed amendments is to be considered.
You may be interested
One Dies As Family of Six Allegedly Eats Poisoned Cassava Flour in OyoWebby - March 1, 2024
A tragic incident in Ogbomoso, Oyo State, has claimed the life of one person due to complications from consuming allegedly…
Female lawyer, her mum, others end up in NDLEA’s netWebby - February 29, 2024
A female lawyer identified as Adaobi Nweke, her mum, her boyfriend, some other family members and their herbalist have been…