Tinubu most qualified to take over from Buhari in 2023: APC

January 10, 2022
3 Views

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos, has commended the party’s national leader, Bola Tinubu, for informing President Muhammadu Buhari of his 2023 Presidential ambition.

The chairman-elect of the APC in Lagos, Cornelius Ojelabi, said Mr Tinubu was the most qualified aspirant and can now make more consultations nationwide.

“Informing the President of his intention is the right thing to do,” Mr Ojelabi said. “Having informed him officially now he can then intensify his consultations across the country.”

After several speculations, Mr Tinubu formally declared his interest in the presidential seat after meeting with Mr Buhari on Monday.

“I answer that with categorical yes. I’ve informed the President of my intention but I have not informed Nigerians yet. I’m still consulting. And I have no problem consulting. And I’ve noticed that there is a parameter of limitation to the extent of how many people I will consult,” Mr Tinubu said.

Mr Ojelabi, however, noted that Mr Tinubu had paid his dues and no one was more qualified than the former governor to take over leadership at the expiration of Mr Buhari’s tenure in 2023.

According to him, the teeming followers of Mr Tinubu and members of the ruling party across the length and breath of the country and the diaspora were elated with the news.

Mr Ojelabi added that the notification of interest was a welcome development and was also a thing Mr Tinubu’s political family had been expecting for long.

(NAN)

You may be interested

Mammoth crowd presentas Wike, Makinde, others welcome Jandor to PDP in Lagos (Photos)
News
2 views
News
2 views

Mammoth crowd presentas Wike, Makinde, others welcome Jandor to PDP in Lagos (Photos)

Webby - January 22, 2022

Thousands of people were present at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) in the Onikan area of Lagos State on Friday,…

Emir of Zauzzau weeps as terrorists take over Zaria
Crime
Crime

Emir of Zauzzau weeps as terrorists take over Zaria

Webby - January 22, 2022

The Emir of Zazzau Emirate, Nuhu Bamali, has declared that Zaria is under siege. He also described the current security…

Airforce man in trouble for spending N20m ‘mistakenly credited to his account
Crime
2 views
Crime
2 views

Airforce man in trouble for spending N20m ‘mistakenly credited to his account

Webby - January 22, 2022

Spread the loveThe Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned a Nigerian Air Force man for allegedly spending N20…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.