She died from wounds she sustained during a cooking gas explosion.
According to reports, Onyelo was cooking in her home when the gas exploded, leaving her with 90 percent-degree burns on New Year day.
She was said to be in a state of 50-50 chance of survival before being rushed to the Government Hospital, Abraka and then the Central Hospital, Warri and thereafter to UBTH, where she died on Tuesday at about 1:30p.m.
Confirming her death, the Medical Director (MD) of the government hospital, Dr. Donald Anyoru, said the news of her death came as a rude shock.
“The management visited the family of the deceased in Abraka today. She was a nice woman, very cooperative and a peacemaker. I have been here for about a year now and I can say that she is one of the few people, who you can discuss issues with. We are sad”. Anyoru said
You may be interested
Bandits killed 300, abducted 200 in Niger State within two weeks, says…Webby - January 19, 2022
Three hundred people have been killed in more than 50 attacks by terrorists across communities in Niger State in the…
Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, says Buhari never directed fuel subsidy removalWebby - January 19, 2022
The Senate President, Ahmed Lawan, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has not directed anyone in his administration to implement…
Buhari departs for Banjul todayWebby - January 19, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari will depart Abuja today for Banjul, Republic of The Gambia, to attend the inauguration of Gambian President,…