Water is simply defined as an inorganic, transparent, tasteless, odourless and Colourless chemical substance comprising of hydrogen and oxygen. It is the major fluid in the body of all living organisms including human beings.
Since it is an essential fluid that the body system needs in other to function properly, drinking it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach offers many health benefits to the body.
Experts say 60% of our body comprises of water and it is gotten through the food we eat and the fluids we drink. Our body cannot produce enough if it to meet the daily demands in the body therefore taking it in the morning is a great way of starting the day.
Taking water on an empty stomach will enable the major organs in the body to function properly while carrying out their responsibilities such as nutrients transportation, thermoregulation, body regulation, shock absorbency, etc.
The body losses water on daily basis through sweating, breathing, urine, bowel movement, etc, without replenishing this water which is more appropriate in the morning, it will lead to dehydration and other health complications.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING WATER ON AN EMPTY STOMACH
– Drinking a glass of water before breakfast reduces your intake of calories throughout the day.
– It helps in increasing weigh loss
– It improves mental health as dehydration which is often experienced in the night affects mental performance.
– Drinking water first thing in the morning helps to eliminate toxic substances from the body and improves healthy skin.
– It helps to prevent kidney stone and bladder infections.
– Reduces cramps in the stomach and joints.
– Rejuvenates the skin
– Breaks down food and aids in bowel movement.
– Regulates the acidity level in the stomach
– Raises metabolism rate.
It is pertinent to note that drinking water on an empty stomach before eating has many health benefits and contributes to noticeable changes in the body.
You may be interested
Hanifa Abubakar: Buhari reacts to murder of 5-year-old girl in KanoWebby - January 21, 2022
The death of five-year-old school girl Hanifa Abubakar believed to have been murdered in her school premises by her tutors…
4 people freeze to death while trying to cross from Canada into USWebby - January 21, 2022
Canadian police have found the bodies of four people, including an infant, in a snowy field near the US border.…
2 issues that are unclear from Tinubu’s visit to IBBWebby - January 21, 2022
Bola Tinubu continued his tour and consultation two days ago. He travelled to Niger State. The first reason for his…