Boko Haram Are Launching In Major Towns – Nigerian Security Council Expresses Concern Over Terrorists’ Ability To Fire Rockets

December 25, 2021
3 Views

 Boko Haram

File photo

Daily Trust reports that the National Security Council on Friday disclosed that the ability of terrorists to fire rockets targeting any part of the country raises concern.

The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, made the revelation while responding to questions from State House reporters after the Security Council meeting presided over by the President.

According to Daily Trust, he asserted that the terrorists were unable to achieve their objectives with the rocket launched.

“They are launching it in major towns; they are launching it in Maiduguri. It is a concern. And it has been seriously checkmated. There are efforts to continuously checkmate it.”

“What they had done yesterday (Thursday), yes, they have done it, but to a large extent, they have not achieved what they have intended to achieve because of the situation the security agencies particularly the military put in place,” he said.

“Yes, it had been done before and even after. Some of those who must have planned and thrown those rockets have been taken out.

“The security agencies are trying to improve on what they are already doing to ensure there is peace, law and order during the Yuletide period and beyond.

“The marching orders are always the same; you have even told Nigerians the marching orders of the President. It has always been the same. There is no space; there is no tolerance to any threat to security.

“There is no sparing of any terrorists and there must be an intelligence gathering, there must be proactive prevention of crime and there must be checkmating of all those that are involved in criminal activities, whether it be terrorism, banditry or armed robbery or whatever and that is what we are trying to do to the best of our knowledge and ability.”

Boko Haram fired rocket into Maiduguri before the arrival of President Muhammadu Buhari on a one-day working visit on Thursday.

The rockets, which landed in Ngomari Ayashe community, reportedly killed four children while at least 16 persons sustained injuries in the attack.

You may be interested

Former Nigerian head of state, Ernest Shonekan, dies at 85
News
3 views
News
3 views

Former Nigerian head of state, Ernest Shonekan, dies at 85

Webby - January 11, 2022

Ernest-Shonekan By Nehru Odeh Chief Ernest Adegunle Oladeinde Shonekan, GCFR, the former head of the Interim National Government that succeeded…

UN Secretary-General formalizes Amina Mohammed’s appointment
News
2 views
News
2 views

UN Secretary-General formalizes Amina Mohammed’s appointment

Webby - January 11, 2022

The United Nations Secretary-General, Secretary-General António Guterres has officially announced Amina Mohammed of Nigeria as Deputy Secretary-General of the World…

Breaking: Ex-Nigerian interim president Ernest Shonekan is dead
News
News

Breaking: Ex-Nigerian interim president Ernest Shonekan is dead

Webby - January 11, 2022

Chief Ernest Shonekan, former Head, Interim Government of Nigeria. January 11, (THEWILL) – Chief Ernest Shonekan who headed the Interim…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.