The bank’s board members including its Chairman, Board of Directors, Ibukun Awosika were all removed.
Ms Awosika was replaced by Tunde Hassan-Odukale as Chairman of First Bank.
Before his appointment, Hassan-Odukale was the Managing Director of Leadway Assurance Company.
Here are five things to know about the new chairman.
1. He holds a BSC in Metamathematics at the University of London between 1984 to 1987 and a Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science at City University London between 1987 to 1988.
2. The new First Bank of Nigeria Chair, Tunde, has been in Leadway Assurance for 29 years and two months.
3. Odukale has been a Non-Executive Director from March 1992 to January 2020, a period of 27 years and 11 months.
4. The banker also sits on the board of Total Health Trust Limited and other Leadway Assurance Subsidiaries.
5. His hubbies are playing tennis, reading and seeing new places, according to his Linkedin profile.
You may be interested
“8 In Lagos, 6 In Abuja” – Nigeria Records 18 New COVID-19 Cases As Total Hits 165,199Webby - May 4, 2021
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 18 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of infections…
COVID-19: Lagos bans non-Nigeria passengers from Brazil, India, TurkeyWebby - May 3, 2021
Dayo Ojerinde Published 4 May 2021 The Lagos State Government has revealed plans to prevent the third wave of the…
BNL retains Bakassi as Nigerian territory, threatens to destabilize Gulf of GuineaWebby - May 3, 2021
The Biafra Nations League (BNL) has declared its retention of the Bakassi Peninsula which the Nigerian government ceded to Cameroon under…