President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Usman Alkali Baba as acting Inspector General of Police (IGP).
This was made known by the minister of police affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, at the State House in Abuja, on Tuesday, April 6.
Alkali, replaces Mohammed Adamu whose expired tenure was extended recently.
10 important things you should know about Acting IGP, Alkali Baba:
1. He was born on March 1, 1963 (currently 58 years old), in Geidam, Yobe state.
2. Baba holds a teacher’s grade II certificate (TC II) from Teachers College, Potiskum, Yobe.
3. He has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Bayero University, Kano.
4. He also has a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Maiduguri, Borno state.
5. Baba was enlisted in the Nigeria Police Force on March 15, 1988.
6. He’s a fellow of the National Defence College and a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police
7. Before his appointment as acting IGP, he was the DIG in charge of Force Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Department (FCIID).
8. He’s a fellow of the National Defence College and a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police
9. He has held several strategic positions in the past including: Assistant Inspector-General of Police in-charge of Zone-5 Benin, Zone-4 Makurdi, Zone-7 Abuja, Commissioner of Police FCT and Delta Commands.
10. He has also held the position of the Force Secretary.
News Source: Sahara Reporters