Zamfara confirms abduction of female students from hostels

February 26, 2021
40 Views

The Zamfara Government has confirmed the abduction of female students of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe in the Talata-Mafara Local Government area of the state.

It would be recalled that some bandits were earlier on Friday reported to have invaded the school and took away the students at about 2am.

Commissioner of Security and Home Affairs, Alhaji Abubakar Dauran noted that the number of students abducted is yet to be ascertained.

https://onlinenigeria.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/zamfara-confirms-abduction-of-female-students-from-hostels.jpg

He said: “I can confirm to you now that we have sadly received the report on the abduction of the students of GGSS Jangebe and right now, I am on my way to the school.

“At this moment, l cannot say how many students were taken away by the gunmen until l get there, but we have already mobilized security men and members of the vigilantatè who are now in pursuit of the abductors,” the commissioner stated.

A staff of the school who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “the gunmen in their hundreds invaded the town around 2 am on Friday, shot sporadically in the air to scare the residents before coming into the school.

“After taking away most of the students, we rounded up those that escaped or hid from the bandits and conducted a census where we counted 54 students and we are still searching to see if we can get more.”

Also, a resident who gave his name as Haliru Jangebe said, the local vigilantes had tried to repel the invaders but were overpowered.

The bandits were too many and they all seemed to be carrying heavy arms as we heard gunshots from all parts of the town and when the shots stopped, we heard that the students had been taken away”.

You may be interested

Figures of Ukrainian sportsmen dying, wounded, captured in war with Russia mount
News
News

Figures of Ukrainian sportsmen dying, wounded, captured in war with Russia mount

Webby - July 5, 2022

Spread the love Zelenskyy’s office has detailed the toll on Ukrainian sport during the Russian invasion, now in a fifth…

OWO: Akeredolu rejects FG claims, identifies trilogy responsible for church attack
Crime
Crime

OWO: Akeredolu rejects FG claims, identifies trilogy responsible for church attack

Webby - July 5, 2022

Spread the loveOndo Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has faulted the federal government conclusion on the June 5 attack on Catholic Church…

NECO shifts exam for Sallah celebration
News
1 views
News
1 views

NECO shifts exam for Sallah celebration

Webby - July 5, 2022

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has said it had not fixed any paper in the ongoing Senior School Certificate Examination…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.