Some faceless conveners are mobilizing Lagosians to embark on the protest because the tolling facility was returned to the owner LCC, and for other reasons including the recent ban on cryptocurrency, bad governance, and son.
But the federal government has warned Nigerians against participating in any protest to block the toll gate.
While it agreed protests are constitutionally allowed only in designated places but not toll gates.
It confirmed intelligence report which showed that the latest protest might be hijacked to cause violence nationwide, and that some of the conveners are foreigners.
“Any further resort to violence in the name of #EndSARS will not be tolerated this time,” Information Minister Lai Mohammed said.
” The security agents are ready for any eventuality. A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself.
” The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted.”
” No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of #EndSARS protests last year.
“ After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”
You may be interested
Nigeria’s drug barons fund, supply bandits with lethal weapons: Ahmad LawanWebby - March 5, 2021
Senate President Ahmad Lawan says the National Assembly will work with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency to ensure that…
Buhari decorates new Service ChiefsWebby - March 5, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has decorated the new Service Chiefs at an event held in the Council Chamber at the State…
Tinubu: The Ship of Lagos headed in a wrong direction under AmbodeWebby - March 5, 2021
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has said that Lagos State headed in the wrong…