The Federal Government has said that security agencies are ready to stop another version of the #EndSARS protests at Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alh. Lai Mohammed, who made the announcement, said any protest to block the toll gate would not be tolerated.

According to the Minister, protests are constitutionally allowed only in designated places but not toll gates.

The protesters planned to reconvene in the Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday for another protest.

The Minister said: “However, any further resort to violence in the name of #EndSARS will not be tolerated this time.

“The security agents are ready for any eventuality. A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself.

“The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted.

“No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of #EndSARS protests last year.

“After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”

Mohammed warned those planning the protest to shelve it.

He said intelligence report indicated that some of those planners are not in Nigeria.

He added: “We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist.

“We know that many of those who have been loudest on social media in advertising the plan to reconvene in Lagos on Saturday are not even in Nigeria.

“They are elsewhere around the world fanning the embers of violence and inciting gullible people back home. No one should fall for their antics,” he added.

#EndSARS: Security agencies are ready for you – FG tells protesters

You may be interested

Olubadan vacant throne: Controversy resolved after Olubadan in council meet with Gov. Makinde
News
7 views
News
7 views

Olubadan vacant throne: Controversy resolved after Olubadan in council meet with Gov. Makinde

Webby - January 16, 2022

Spread the love The Osi Olubdan of Ibadanland, High Chief Rasidi Ladoja has said that all controversies surrounding the Chieftaincy…

Obi Cubana Offers Scholarship, Employment To Hawker Seen Giving Money To Inmates
Celebrities
6 views
Celebrities
6 views

Obi Cubana Offers Scholarship, Employment To Hawker Seen Giving Money To Inmates

Webby - January 16, 2022

Nigerian socialite, Obi Cubana has offered scholarship and employment to a Lagos hawker, Ekuma Jeremiah, who went viral for giving…

BREAKING: Former president confirmed dead
News
5 views
News
5 views

BREAKING: Former president confirmed dead

Webby - January 16, 2022

Ibrahim Boubcar Keita Ibrahim Boubcar Keita, died in a hospital this afternoon after being taken to the institution following a…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.