If you have ever been a sucker on social media, and some smart asses have taken you to the cleaners because of your greed or goodness, you are not alone.
A lot of people have been.
But the worse aspect is when you have to live with the thought that it happens despite the high-tech security and seamlessness of the financial world of today.
Not to worry.
Things have changed .You cluelessness is the only thing standing between you and recovery of your money from the grift.
Below are tips for you to nail the criminal as you get your money back.
- Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).
- Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
- Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the “TRANSACTION ID NUMBER”.
- Go to any branch of the scam artist’s bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
- If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.
While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER’S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK ([email protected]) this will spur on the bank to take it up fast.
The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened. Nor will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.
And when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
You may be interested
Man Stabs Lover’s Husband To Death After Being Confronted About Affair With His WifeWebby - January 10, 2022
Ogun State Police Command has arrested a 38-year-old man, Daniel Udoh for allegedly stabbing his lover’s husband, Emaka Umonko, to…
Governor Wike Declares 19 Persons Wanted For Operating Illegal Refineries In RiversWebby - January 10, 2022
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has declared 19 individuals wanted for operating illegal crude oil refining sites which are responsible…
Money Is Not Everything, You’ll Die And Leave Everything Behind – Actor Yul EdochieWebby - January 10, 2022
Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has taken to social media to advise his fan about the importance of being good to…