If you have ever been a sucker on social media, and some smart asses have taken you to the cleaners because of your greed or goodness, you are not alone.
A lot of people have been.
But the worse aspect is when you have to live with the thought that it happens despite the high-tech security and seamlessness of the financial world of today.
Not to worry.
Things have changed .You cluelessness is the only thing standing between you and recovery of your money from the grift.
Below are tips for you to nail the criminal as you get your money back.
- Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).
- Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.
- Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the “TRANSACTION ID NUMBER”.
- Go to any branch of the scam artist’s bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.
- If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.
While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER’S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK ([email protected]) this will spur on the bank to take it up fast.
The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened. Nor will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.
And when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.
You may be interested
Forecasting Nigeria After The 2023 Presidential Election: Scenario 2, President Atiku Abubakar – By Julius OgunroWebby - February 5, 2023
Advertisement Atiku Abubakar, a former Vice President and businessman, leads the PDP charge for the presidency. Becoming Nigeria’s president appears…
Europe-bound Cocaine, Heroin intercepted at Lagos airportWebby - February 5, 2023
Spread the loveThe National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) says it has intercepted attempts to export large consignments of illicit…