The family of the late Nollywood actress, Mrs Folakemi Aremu, popularly known as Orisabunmi, has finally opened up on some reports that the late actress and two of her siblings died of COVID-19 complications.
The late actress, aged 61, died on January 6 while her elder brother, Mr Steve Onisola, who was the Technical Director of Kwara Falcons Basketball Club of Ilorin, died on January 7, at the age of 72.
Their younger sister, Mrs Janet Ademola, was said to have died as a result of complications arising from the shock of her siblings’ death on January 9.
However, some reports that went viral on social media platforms stated that Orisabunmi contracted COVID19 at an event where a popular gospel artiste, Esther Igbekele, performed in Ibadan, Oyo State in December.
The report added that Orisabunmi later infected other family members.
Oluwaseun Adelubi, a member of the family, who debunked the reports linking these deaths to COVID-19, described the reports as unfounded lies, advising the public to ignore the reports.
“I am not sure what those behind the lies want to achieve with their stupid act of misinforming unsuspecting members of the public with unfounded lies about the Onisola family. The coach died in Ilorin while Orisabunmi and aunty Bukky died in Ibadan.
“Death is not what anybody prays for, but the death toll in the family, last week, is not about COVID-19. It was just a coincidence and we have been praying to God to avert such an event in our family.
You may be interested
Suspected Yahoo Boys Eat Live Chicken As ‘Native Doctor’ Performs Ritual On Them (Video)Webby - January 20, 2021
A shocking video has surfaced online showing the moment a group of suspected yahoo boys were eating live chicken as…
Small Baddo – BrothersWebby - January 20, 2021
[unable to retrieve full-text content]Nigerian talented street act, Small Baddo kick off this year 2021 with a newly street sound…
Lady shares beautiful transformation photos 3 years after surviving gas explosionWebby - January 20, 2021
[unable to retrieve full-text content]A lady has taken to social media to narrate how she survived a terrible gas explosion…