Governor Akeredolu Imposes 24-hour Curfew On Two Communities After A Palace Was Attacked, Two Dead And Traditional Ruler Wounded

December 11, 2020
8 Views
The State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, who confirmed the latest development in a statement, said the curfew takes effect immediately.

ruler

Oba Samuel Oyewole Babalola Fadahunsi

A 24-hour curfew has been imposed on Ode and Isinigbo in Akure North Local Government Area of the state following the violent clashes in the communities.

This is coming after gunmen in the early hours of Friday, December 11, allegedly invaded the palace of the traditional ruler of Isinigbo, Oba Samuel Oyewole Babalola Fadahunsi, the Onijan of Ijan-Ekiti, setting the palace ablaze and killing two people.

It was gathered that the gunmen shot the monarch’s brother who later died at the hospital while their driver was burnt inside the vehicle while trying to escape from the scene.

The injured traditional ruler was rescued by the residents of the community and rushed to the hospital.

The two communities of Ode and Isinigbo had been at war over a land dispute which led to the setting of the palace of the Ajagunode of Ode community, Oba Adewale Boboye, on fire last week.

The State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, who confirmed the latest development in a statement, said the curfew takes effect immediately.

The Governor equally ordered a massive manhunt for perpetrators of the despicable violence just as investigations are already on to unravel the real cause(s) of same.

“With respect to the curfew, security agencies have been directed to ensure total compliance with the order. For emphasis, both Ode and Isinigbo communities have been closed down for any unathourised human movement and activity until further notice.” the statement reads.

You may be interested

Entertainment
1 views

FG to borrow N450bn in Q1, 2021 through bond issuance

Webby - January 18, 2021

Zlatan Ibile – For My Life (Full Song)Comedy Video: Mr Macaroni ft. Don Jazzy & Dr. Sid – Stingy Men…

BT Sports: AC Milan’s Calhanoglu, Hernandez Contracts COVID-19
News
2 views
News
2 views

BT Sports: AC Milan’s Calhanoglu, Hernandez Contracts COVID-19

Webby - January 18, 2021

By Onwuka Gerald AC Milan will be without Theo Hernandez and their star Turkish midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu for Monday’s clash…

Again, Bandits Abduct 17 Persons In Niger
News
2 views
News
2 views

Again, Bandits Abduct 17 Persons In Niger

Webby - January 17, 2021

By Onwuka Gerald No fewer than seventeen persons have been reportedly kidnapped by bandits in Niger state. BREAKING TIMES gathered…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.