Betty Irabor and her husband
Betty Irabor, the popular Nigerian Publisher, has written an open letter to women in abusive relationships.
Mrs Irabor who has been married to her husband, Soni, for 37 years, stated that women in abusive relationships are by far better off alone and alive to tend their children than leaving them for a step mother or family whose love interest may not include the children.
Her letter reads; Dear women in abusive relationships….
1. Marriage is not a Do or Die affair, especially when you’re the one who is likely to DIE from abuse or end up in psychiatric home as a living dead.
2. FOR BETTER FOR WORSE doesn’t mean you should romanticize suffer head especially when you’re being used as a beast of burden or punch bag which triggers mental and psychological trauma.
3. “Till death do us part” does not mean that you stay on till you die and are carried out in a coffin because you are staying for your children and because”GOD hates divorce.” Is it God’s will for you to be brutalised and sent to a premature death without fulfilling His purpose in your life?
4. “In sickness and in health“…doesn’t mean you should stay married to a sicko (psycho). Protect you own health.
5. Do not allow third parties talk you into staying when you alone know the danger ahead. Leave while your legs can carry you…
6. You’re by far better off alone & alive to tend your children than leave them for a step mother or family whose love interest MAY not include your children…
7. Please, please, we understand you’re afraid of starting all over; but stop sabotaging every effort made by Domestic Violence activists to rehabilitate you after you have reached out for help.
Stop running back to the vomit..
No! Half a loaf ( manage marriage) is not better than none. Don’t let society and peer pressure rush you.
Your life is gold. You’re a precious diamond. If you can’t see that no one else will…
Image… Me and my boo living our best life nearly 37 years on? His Grace has been upon us…but we also play our own roles….
You may be interested
It will be a mistake for me to pick my successor – WikeWebby - December 2, 2021
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has disclosed that he will be making a big mistake by picking his successor for…
6 Common mistakes people make when buying cars in NigeriaWebby - December 2, 2021
Are there red flags you need to avoid when buying cars in Nigeria? Well, the answer is yes! Buying a…
Men should avoid these fashion mistakes to prevent low sperm countWebby - December 2, 2021
You spent so many years trying not to get her pregnant, so when you finally want to become a dad,…