Gunmen Kill 5 Muslims, Kidnap 30 Other Worshippers During Prayers In Zamfara Mosque

November 23, 2020
65 Views

At least five muslim worshippers were killed and more than 30 others kidnapped when gunmen attacked a mosque during prayers in Zamfara State.

Gunmen Kill 5 Muslims, Kidnap 30 Other Worshippers During Prayers In Zamfara Mosque 1

It was learnt that the assailants who stormed the religious centre with scores of motorcycles, opened fire on a Muslim congregation in remote Dutsen Gari village in Maru district as residents were observing the weekly Friday prayers.

The spokesman for the Zamfara State Police, Muhammad Shehu, said that the Imam was among those allegedly abducted by the bandits during Juma’at prayers at the mosque in Kanoma.

“The bandits killed five worshippers and kidnapped 18 others, including the imam,” state police spokesman Mohammed Shehu told AFP.

However, residents said more than 30 worshippers were abducted in the attack.

“The gunmen attacked the mosque (in Zamfara) while the imam was delivering the sermon and took away more than 30 people, including the imam, after shooting dead five worshippers,” one resident, Ibrahim Altine, told AFP.

The police spokesman, Mohammed Shehu said security forces had been deployed to the area, and an investigation had been launched.

KanyiDaily had also reported how about 100 gunmen stormed Sokoto Police station, killed the DPO and one inspector of police during gun fight.

You may be interested

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel
Sports
14 views
Sports
14 views

Why I Sold Zouma To West Ham – Tuchel

Webby - December 4, 2021

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has revealed that he has no regret selling Kurt Zouma to West Ham.In an interview with…

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun
Sports
9 views
Sports
9 views

Rangers Boss Van Bronckhorst Gives Update On Injured Balogun

Webby - December 4, 2021

Rangers manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst has given update on injured Leon Balogun as the Scottish champions prepare to host Dundee…

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money
Sports
4 views
Sports
4 views

Sagna Denies Dumping Arsenal For Man City Because Of Money

Webby - December 4, 2021

Bacary Sagna has rejected reports that he left Arsenal to join Man City because of money.The 38-year-old swapped the Emirates…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.