By Onwuka Gerald
Eight persons have been killed and 31 injured after 23 mortar shells slammed into various parts of the Afghan capital on Sunday.
Confirming the incident, Interior Ministry Spokesperson, Tariq Arian said the shell came directly from two cars. He added that no one immediately took responsibility for the attack.
On their part, Iran’s embassy in Kabul via a Tweet, said one rocket landed in the Iranian Embassy compound, adding that some shrapnel hit the building which in the process, damaged the windows.
“The accident however claimed no lives and all the staff are completely fine”, they added.
Pakistan Prime Minister, Imran Khan after visiting Kabul, condemned the attack and cautioned that vigilance is crucial against the spoilers who are bent to making sure that peace ceases to exist.
The attack comes just as representatives from the Afghan government and Taliban proceed with their talks in Qatar.
You may be interested
Barcelona Told To Retire Messi’s Number 10 Shirt In Honour Of Late MaradonaWebby - December 2, 2020
Maradona, a former Barcelona, Napoli and Boca Juniors player, died last week Wednesday afternoon at the age of 60 after…
Oh No! Nigerian Singer, Viktoh’s Father DeadWebby - December 2, 2020
Viktoh Nigerian singer, Viktoh is currently in a morning mood as reveals he has lost his father The singer took…
Man Shares Heartbreaking Chat With Girlfriend Who Broke Up With Him After He Lost His JobWebby - December 2, 2020
File photo A man has been left in serious pain after losing his girlfriend. The man revealed that he recently…