BREAKING: FG Denies Generating ‘No-fly’ List Of #EndSARS Protesters

November 3, 2020
7 Views

protesters

FG Denies Generating ‘No-fly’ List Against Participants Of #EndSARS Protests

The Federal Government has debunked claims that it generated a ‘no-fly’ list of Nigerian youths and persons who took part in the  #EndSARS protests against police brutality and extra-judicial killings in the country.

The Federal Ministry of Interior made this known in a tweet on Tuesday in reaction to a media report by an online publication.

The publication alleged that the Nigerian authorities have started collating a no-fly list of Nigerians that energised the #EndSARS protest last month.

Reacting, @MinOfInteriorNG wrote, “The Ministry of Interior did not, has not and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news, please!”

It was earlier reported that the Nigeria Immigration Service on Monday prevented a promoter of the #EndSARS movement, Modupe Odele, from travelling.

Although the officers did not disclose the reason for their action, it is believed that the action was taken because of her alleged role in the #EndSARS protests.

Odele, had through her Twitter handle, @Mochievous, mobilised her 219,000 followers during the protests.

She had also offered free legal aid to persons who were unjustly arrested during the demonstrations.

Confirming the development in a newsletter sent out on Monday, the lawyer said she was on her way to the Maldives to celebrate her birthday when she was accosted by immigration officers.

Odele said she was detained while her passport was seized by the officers and she was made to miss her flight.

The revelation sparked outrage on Twitter with thousands calling on the authorities to stop harassing Odele.

A former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, said she has written the National Security Adviser, Babagana Mungono, over the matter.

Ezekwesili tweeted,Today, I have written to Babagana Mungono, the National Security Adviser of @MBuhari @NGRPresident to immediately retrieve Modupe Odele’s passport from the SSS and publicly apologise for trampling on her freedoms. Maybe they’ll be wise this time. We’ll wait and see.”
 

You may be interested

BREAKING: Court Orders Arrest of Maina’s Son
News
9 views
News
9 views

BREAKING: Court Orders Arrest of Maina’s Son

Webby - November 24, 2020

Faisal A Federal High court has ordered the arrest of Faisal Maina, the son of Abdulrasheed Maina. The Court in…

‘You Are A Disgrace. Both Home And Abroad’ – Adesua Etomi-Wellington Lambasts Lauretta Onochie
News
5 views
News
5 views

‘You Are A Disgrace. Both Home And Abroad’ – Adesua Etomi-Wellington Lambasts Lauretta Onochie

Webby - November 24, 2020

Adesua Etomi-Wellington, Lauretta Onochie Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi-Wellington hit hard on Tuesday morning, November 24, after seeing a photo shared…

“My Wife Sleeps With Our Pastor, Church Elder” – Man Cries Out In Court
News
11 views
News
11 views

“My Wife Sleeps With Our Pastor, Church Elder” – Man Cries Out In Court

Webby - November 24, 2020

File photo A man's marriage has been dissolved after he approached a court in Ibadan to narrate how his wife…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.