At Least Five Security Personnel Dead In Boko Haram Attack On Borno Govt Convoy

September 25, 2020
62 Views

A convoy conveying officials of the Borno State Government was attacked near Monguno town, Friday.

The officials had been in transit to Baga, where Governor Babagana Zulum is expected to receive returning civilians.

It is still uncertain what the real casualty figure is, but sources say at least five security men might have been killed in the ambush. Reports suggest that the casualties include both police, military personnel, and an unspecified number of civilians.

An Armoured Personnel Carrier belonging to the police as well as state government vehicles were reportedly seized in the attack.

Governor Zulum had flown in an Airforce chopper to Baga earlier today, where he performed the Friday prayers with troops.

The governor is expected to receive about three thousand civilians who will be transported from IDP camps both in Maiduguri and Monguno on Saturday.

It was, however, gathered that the casualties include both police, military personnel, and an unspecified number of civilians.

An Armoured Personnel Carrier belonging to the police as well as state government vehicles were reportedly hijacked in the attack.

The attack on Friday is the second of its kind, as earlier in July, the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, narrowly escaped a terror attack in Baga town.

Governor Zulum had left Maiduguri, the state capital for the northern part of the state in continuation of a food distribution programme, and a few kilometers to the town, gunmen opened fire on the governor and his entourage.

You may be interested

Groups protest at Abuja Court during Nnamdi Kanu’s trial
News
1 views
News
1 views

Groups protest at Abuja Court during Nnamdi Kanu’s trial

Webby - January 18, 2022

Two groups of protesters on Tuesday hit the streets of Abuja over the ongoing trial of the leader of the…

I’m receiving threats for refusing to support Tinubu’s 2023 presidential bid, says Buhari’s
News
2 views
News
2 views

I’m receiving threats for refusing to support Tinubu’s 2023 presidential bid, says Buhari’s

Webby - January 18, 2022

The Special Adviser on Political Matters to the President, Babafemi Ojudu, said on Tuesday he has been receiving threat messages…

Ojudu: Many of Tinubu’s associates were not made by him
News
3 views
News
3 views

Ojudu: Many of Tinubu’s associates were not made by him

Webby - January 18, 2022

Senator Babafemi Ojudu, Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters,  has said many of associates of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu,…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.