22 Feared Killed In Fresh Kaduna Attack (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)
Gunmen, yesterday, invaded four communities in Zangon Kataf council area of Kaduna State, killing at least 22 persons and burning a number of buildings.
The recent attack comes despite the curfew put in place to prevent further attacks.
The victims of the August 6 attack were mainly women and children. The affected settlements are Apyiashyim, Atak’mawai, Kibori and Kurmin Masara, all in Atyap chiefdom.
An Atak’mawai resident, Irimiya Gandu, who spoke to reporters, said no fewer than 13 persons were killed.
He said the armed “herdsmen” invaded the settlement around 1a.m.
He said: “I stepped out from our house and we could hear gunshots around Zango urban and Apiokim Kibori villages that were already under attack with houses burning at around 1a.m.
“I rushed into my house and brought out my family to a safer place.
“So far, 13 persons were killed, mostly children and women.”
Also, an indigene of Apiashyim, Jonathan Ishaya, said six lives and several homes were lost to the onslaught in his community.
“The Fulani militia invaded the community at about 11pm on Wednesday night, shooting sporadically,” he explained.
He said help came too late, adding: “The security agencies are not here to protect us, but to serve the interest of those attacking us.
“It rained all through the night and the attackers had unchallenged operations from around 10pm on Wednesday, August 5, to the early hours of Thursday, August 6.
“By the time they were done, 22 corpses were recovered at about 12p.m. on Thursday, while the search is still on. They also burnt several houses.”
Secretary to Atyap Traditional Council, Stephen Akut, said: “The attackers were said to be in their numbers, but the casualty figures are still sketchy. Security operatives have been mobilised to the affected communities.”
The council chairman, Dr. Elias Manza, said three bodies had been recovered from Kurmin Masara, six in Apyia Shyam (Asha’a Wuce) and another 10 at Takmawai where destruction of properties was massive, Guardian reports.
The Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), in a statement issued by its spokesman, Luka Binniyat, condemned the onslaught, contending that the casualty figure had risen to 33.
You may be interested
Nollywood actress Damilola Adegbite buys new Range RoverWebby - September 13, 2020
Damilola Adegbite with her new car Nigerian actress and media personality, Damilola Adegbite has acquired a brand new Range Rover…
Kiddwaya advises Ozo on how to get Nengi’s attentionWebby - September 13, 2020
<!-- Ozo Nengi and Kiddwaya --> Ozo Nengi and Kiddwaya By Taiwo Okanlawon Big Brother Naija housemate, Terseer Waya, also…
Actress Etinosa urges pastors to normalise cesarean surgeryWebby - September 13, 2020
<!-- Etinosa Idemudia --> Etinosa Idemudia By Nimot Adetola Sulaimon Nollywood actress, Etinosa Idemudia has urged Nigerian pastors to normalise…