Ex-Speaker, Yakubu Dogara Gives Six Reasons For Rejoining APC, Accuses PDP Of Corruption
KanyiDaily recalls that Dogara had declined to reveal why he returned to his former party (APC), saying he would speak on the development at a later date.
The former speaker revealed that one of the reasons for his exit from the PDP was because of corruption which he described as the breakdown of governance in the state.
He levelled six allegations against the Governor Mohammed Bala-led PDP administration in Bauchi State, including a claim that a N4.6 billion loan that was taken from a bank was paid into a private company’s account.
In the letter entitled “Letter of resignation of my membership of the PDP” made available to newsmen on Sunday, Dogara wrote:
“I write to intimate you of my decision to resign my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
“This became necessary because the same reasons why we fought hard in 2019 to effect changes in the Governance of our dear state are festering now.
“I intend to bring these issues to the front burners once again as the fight to install decent and egalitarian government in our dear state continues.
“Specifically, I intend to ask questions about the following:
- What has happened to LGA allocations since May 2019?
- What happened to our campaign promise to conduct LGA elections within six months of the PDP government?
- What happened to the N4.6 billion loan taken from a bank and paid directly into an private company’s account?
- Why are we segmenting salaries and why is payment of salaries of state workers outsourced to a private firm as consultants?
- Why are contracts inflated, awarded and payment of mobilisation done in violation of extant rules on procurement?
- Why are our highly revered Traditional Rulers and Elders treated with odium contrary to the guarantee we gave during the campaign that such will not happen under a PDP government?”
“Mr. Chairman, you will agree with me that I cannot raise these issues and many more questions without a charge of disloyalty levelled against me if I were to remain a member of the PDP.
“I cannot also fail to raise these questions now, having raised similar ones during the administrations of Governors Isa Yuguda and Mohammed A. Abubakar. If I abdicate this responsibility on the altar of partisan loyalty, I will be the most irresponsible and unprincipled politician in Bauchi State.
“Thus, by this letter, I have resigned my membership of the PDP to enable me keep faith with my principle of fighting for good governance in our Dear State.”
KanyiDaily recalls that Dogara and some lawmakers had left the APC for the PDP ahead of the 2019 general election, alongside former President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki.
You may be interested
EDO2020: IGP Will Be Held Responsible For Anything That Happens To Wike- PDP, RiversWebby - September 18, 2020
Few hours to the governorship elections in Edo state, Rivers State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has warned…
“If You’re Insulting Your Parents Because Of Ferrari,Then They Deserve It”- Seun KutiWebby - September 18, 2020
Seun Kuti Singer Seun Kuti, said parents whose children are insulting them because Femi Otedola bought his three daughters a…
Breaking News: Gunmen Kidnap Another Seven Persons In KadunaWebby - September 18, 2020
File photo According to a report by The Nation, some gunmen suspected to be kidnappers, have abducted seven persons, including…