An unidentified middle-aged man was allegedly electrocuted to death by high tension cable in Boji Boji metropolis, Agbor Area of Delta State.
According to Nigerian Tribune, an eyewitness said the young man believed to be a businessman, met his untimely death over the weekend while riding on his motorcycle along the Old Lagos Asaba Road, close to Mary Mount College.
It was revealed that the high-tension wire belonging the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) suddenly snapped on his back which made him fall uncontrollably on the tarred road.
However, the management of BEDC claimed the victim who was rushed to a private hospital by good samaritans was treated and immediately discharged ” from the information we got”.
Some eyewitnesses who spoke with reporters insisted the man could not make it as he died because he was seriously burnt by the high-tension wire.
It was learnt that it took the effort of some individuals who put calls across to BEDC office before power was switched off from the cable to avert more casualties.
Officials of the power company were said to have later visited the scene to clear the cable.
When contacted, the public affairs manager of BEDC in Asaba Mrs Esther Okolie described the incident as a disaster and unfortunate adding that the Agbor office was investigating the matter.
You may be interested
Mammoth crowd presentas Wike, Makinde, others welcome Jandor to PDP in Lagos (Photos)Webby - January 22, 2022
Thousands of people were present at the Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS) in the Onikan area of Lagos State on Friday,…
Emir of Zauzzau weeps as terrorists take over ZariaWebby - January 22, 2022
The Emir of Zazzau Emirate, Nuhu Bamali, has declared that Zaria is under siege. He also described the current security…
Airforce man in trouble for spending N20m ‘mistakenly credited to his accountWebby - January 22, 2022
Spread the loveThe Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arraigned a Nigerian Air Force man for allegedly spending N20…