A memo raised by the minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has revealed some of the damning allegations against the embattled acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Recall that Magu was made to appear before Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption to defend himself against allegations.
As at this moment, Mr Magu is still detained at the Force CID building for interrogation.
The ten major allegations against Mr Magu as compiled by PRNigeria are listed below:
1. Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
2. Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
3. Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
4. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
5. Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
6. Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
7. Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
8. Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
9. Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
10. Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.
You may be interested
Notorious Fulani Herdsman, Iskilu Wakili Arrested After Gun Battle With OPC Members In Oyo [Video]Webby - March 7, 2021
A notorious Fulani warlord, Iskilu Wakili, has been arrested after a gun battle with members of the Oodua Peoples Congress…
Borno Governor, Zulum discovers camp with more fake IDPs than genuine onesWebby - March 7, 2021
The Governor of Borno State has discovered “650 ghost households” during his recent visit to an internally displaced persons' camp…
The Ship Of Lagos Has Been Going In The Wrong Direction Since Tinubu Ascended The Throne Of Lagos -Bode GeorgeWebby - March 7, 2021
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu,Bode George Chief Bode George, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos State has lambasted Former…