A memo raised by the minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has revealed some of the damning allegations against the embattled acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Recall that Magu was made to appear before Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption to defend himself against allegations.
As at this moment, Mr Magu is still detained at the Force CID building for interrogation.
The ten major allegations against Mr Magu as compiled by PRNigeria are listed below:
1. Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
2. Alleged ‘relooting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
3. Alleged favouritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
4. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
5. Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
6. Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
7. Not providing enough concrete evidences against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
8. Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
9. Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
10. Not respecting court order to unfreeze a N7b judgment in favour of a former executive director of a bank.
You may be interested
2023: Six PDP Govs, Ayu, Saraki, Obi endorse ‘Jandor’ for Lagos guberWebby - January 22, 2022
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Friday endorsed Dr. Abdul-Azeez Adediran aka ‘Jandor’ as an aspirant for the Lagos gubernatorial…
Alabi emerges as new Lagos Police CommissionerWebby - January 21, 2022
Spread the loveA new Lagos State Commissioner of Police has been appointed for the state by the Inspector-General of police,…
PDP officially welcome anti-Tinubu APC members into foldWebby - January 21, 2022
Spread the loveThe Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has officially welcomed the convener of the Lagos4Lagos Movement and chieftain of the…