PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
1. Since wearing of face coverings in public became compulsory in Anambra State as part of the strategy to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, a growing number of our people have been complying with the directive. This is a good development.
2. However, the state government notes that the face masks are often not worn appropriately. There are people who wear theirs on the chins and some on their jaws. There are individuals who wear the face masks to cover their mouths but not their nostrils. None of these practices is proper.
3. The face mask must always cover the mouth and the nose. This is because coronavirus enters our system through such orifices as the eye, the nostril and the mouth. This is why some people wear not just face masks which cover their mouths and noses but also face shields which cover their eyes, in addition.
4. The compulsory and proper adorning of face masks in public places in Anambra State is done in the interest of every individual in the state. COVID 19 is real. It has killed nine persons in our state and a number of Anambra individuals outside the state. The victims include old people and youths of both genders.
5. The Anambra State government does not want more of our people to get infected by this highly contagious disease, let alone die of it. Consequently, the government is establishing mobile courts in different parts of the state to try those who contravene the new law on COVID-19 like individuals who do not wear face coverings or do not wear them properly. The punishments include payment of up to N10,000 fine and performance of community service.
6. To check the spread of the coronavirus in our dear state and ensure that Anambra remains the safest state in Nigeria, including in health matters, ndi Anambra are reminded, once again, of the imperative to keep social distancing of six feet, wash our hands frequently with soap, water and sanitizer, avoid handshakes and embraces and, of course wear face masks in the right way anytime we are in public.
May our state and its people remain the Light of the Nation.
C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.
You may be interested
Supreme Court Declares Frank Ibezim as Senator ElectWebby - April 16, 2021
Frank Ibezim has been declared as the Senator elect for Imo North Senatorial District by the Supreme Court on Friday.…
FLASH | Makinde Sacks LAUTECH’s Vice ChancellorWebby - April 16, 2021
Seyi Makinde, the Oyo State Governor has sacked Michael Ologunde, the Vice-Chancellor of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Ogbomoso, LAUTECH.…
Imo North Senator-elect: Supreme Court declares Ibezim APC authentic candidateWebby - April 16, 2021
<!-- Imo North Senator-elect: Supreme Court declares Ibezim APC authentic candidate * 247ureports.com MORE STORIES