BH: What happened at the battle of Monguno
No fewer than 20 Boko Haram and ISWAP fighters were killed by the troops of Sector 3 and Air Task Force Operation Lafiya Dole at Monguno, Borno on Saturday.
The soldiers were said to have also destroyed four gun trucks the insurgents brought.
The troops also captured some of the terrorists and their equipment.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj. Gen. John Enenche, commended the troops in a statement on Sunday.
“The high command of the Armed Forces of Nigeria commends the land component and Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole for the dexterity and professionalism exhibited during this operation,” he said on Sunday in a statement.
“The troops are further encouraged to remain resolute and decisive in their ground and air offensives in the theatre.”
The terrorists have besieged Borno lately killing scores of people in two separate attacks last week shortly after COAS Tukur Buratai told President Muhammadu Buhari the federal troops were making headway in the counterinsurgency ops.
You may be interested
Pictures from 2Baba’s 45th birthdayWebby - September 21, 2020
Nigerian singer, songwriter, philanthropist and activist Innocent Ujah Idibia, known by his stage name 2Baba, clocked 45 on September 18th…
Big Brother Naija’s Ebuka, stunning in latest photosWebby - September 21, 2020
Send to Email Address Your Name Your Email Address Cancel Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Email…