Italy’s Sports Minister Confirms Serie A To Resume 20 June

May 28, 2020
19 Views

Italy’s sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora has confirmed that the Serie A will return on 20 June, the BBC reports.

Following the outbreak of the coronavirus Serie A was suspended on 9 March, with Juventus leading the table by a point with 12 rounds of matches remaining.

Players returned to individual training earlier this month before group sessions restarted this week.

Also Read: Premier League Season Set To Restart June 17

On 20 May the Italian football federation (FIGC) set a 20 August deadline for the 2019-20 season to be concluded.

The FIGC also said it intended for the top three divisions to be played to a conclusion and that if any of them should restart and then stop again, a shorter alternative of a play-off would have to be devised.

Massimo Cellino, who owns Serie A bottom side Brescia, said resuming was a “crazy decision”.

“It’s too much for the players,” he told BBC World Service’s World Football show.

“We stopped [training] for two months. It is dangerous to restart it playing three games a week. So I’m worried about injuries and the hot weather which is going to be terrible in Italy more than Germany.”

But Udinese and Nigeria defender William Troost-Ekong said: “It’s lifted everybody’s spirits, As long as we can do it in the right way without too many risks and setting the right example for the country, I think it’s a good thing to be doing.”

Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

You may be interested

Hackers shut down website of Nigeria’s Central Bank
News
1 views
News
1 views

Hackers shut down website of Nigeria’s Central Bank

Webby - October 17, 2020

<!-- CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele: website shut down by hackers --> CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele: website shut down by hackers…

Presidential Panel recommends 61 SARS officers for sack, prosecution
News
6 views
News
6 views

Presidential Panel recommends 61 SARS officers for sack, prosecution

Webby - October 17, 2020

<!-- Some officers of disbanded SARS --> Some officers of disbanded SARS No fewer than 37 officers of the disbanded…

#EndSARS protesters widen demands: It’s now #7for7:
News
4 views
News
4 views

#EndSARS protesters widen demands: It’s now #7for7:

Webby - October 17, 2020

<!-- #EndSARS protesters in Abuja -->#EndSARS protesters in Abuja The Nigerian youths on the streets since last week calling for…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.