Fury Claims Joshua Rejected £64m Deal To Fight Wilder

June 25, 2020
55 Views

World Boxing Council (WBC) heavyweight champion Tyson Fury has claimed that Anthony Joshua rejected £64million to fight Deontay Wilder.

Fury added that had Wilder faced Joshua he would have knocked out the British heavyweight.

Fury knocked out Wilder in his last fight, having previously taken the American to a draw, yet believes the American would have had the better of Joshua.

Also Read: Arteta: Saka Will Sign New Arsenal Deal Soon

“I have to give it to Wilder, he has got the bottle and he wanted to fight the best,” Fury told IFL TV.

“When I was out of the ring retired, he tried to fight Joshua twice [and] it was going on for ages – we all know that.

“They offered him $80m [£64m] for a two-fight deal, and I know a few people who saw proof of the funds and people who I definitely trust and he refused it.

“I don’t think they are going to get any bigger pay-days than that. They refused it because they were scared of getting chinned by the Bronze Bomber.”

Fury added, though, that even if Joshua had agreed to fighting Wilder he would have realised quickly he wasn’t up to scratch.

“Wilder beats Joshua 100,000,000 per cent. Wilder beats Joshua, [Dillian] Whyte, Jarrell Miller…” he said.

“One touch from the Bronze Bomber and their faces are gone forever.

“Wilder would do to Whyte and Joshua what he did to Dominic Breazleale… he would put them unconscious in round one.

“They do not have the skills that I have got, this cannot be touched.

“I just want to see them fight because they keep calling Wilder this and that but they have no defence and as soon as he touches them, they are gone.

“Could they walk him down without any feints or footwork? Please.

“They will be 44 and 45 on his record, I would back Wilder to knock them out for sure.”

Copyright © 2020 Completesports.com All rights reserved. The information contained in Completesports.com may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without the prior written authority of Completesports.com.

You may be interested

Anambra election: Tension as IPOB threatens one week lockdown in…
News
3 views
News
3 views

Anambra election: Tension as IPOB threatens one week lockdown in…

Webby - October 24, 2021

By Innocent Duru, Nwanosike Onu, Awka and Emma Elekwa, Onitsha It’s an empty threat, elections will hold – Anambra govt…

News
4 views

Ifeanyi Ubah bags law degree, confident winning Anambra election

Webby - October 24, 2021

The governorship candidate of the Young Progressive Party, Ifeanyi Ubah has said that he would emerge governor in the 6…

FBN Holdings makes u-turn, confirms Otedola’s purchase of 5.07% stake
News
3 views
News
3 views

FBN Holdings makes u-turn, confirms Otedola’s purchase of 5.07% stake

Webby - October 24, 2021

OtedolaOBINNA EZUGWU FBN Holdings Plc, the holding company for First Bank of Nigeria Limited, has confirmed that billionaire investor and…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.