The State GovernmentPost Comment The State Government Nigeria
Each of the thirty-six States that make up the Nigerian Federation is administered by a Chief Executive. The Chief Executive is the Governor of the State and is elected, like the president, to a four-year term of office in the first instance. The Governor is assisted in the discharge of his duties and responsfcilittes by a Deputy Governor. The Governor is empowered to appoint Commissionefs and Advisers and to assign responsteilittes to them. The Governor, Deputy Goveinor and Commissioners constitute the State Executive Council. They cannot be members of the State House of Assembly.
The State House of Assembly is the unicam eral legislature for the State. It comprise representatives from all the local government areas within the State, it exercises identical functions at the State level with those of the National Assembly at the Federal level. It makes laws for the good gov ernance of the State, and acts as a check and balance on the powers and actions of the State's Chief Executive. The House of Assembly of each State consists of three times the total number of seats which the State has in the House of Representatives.
- The Structure of The Nigerian Government
- The Federal Executive
- The Federal Legislature
- The Judiciary
- The Local Government
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.