22 killed in failed Boko Haram attack

No fewer than 22 Boko Haram fighters were killed when the terrorist group attacked Army Super Camp in Damboa, Borno State.

In a statement by Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Major-General John Enenche, the terrorists were subdued by the superior firepower of the troops.

“Troops of Operation Fireball under Operation Lafiya Dole has continued to decimate members of the Boko Haram/ Islamic State of West Province in order clear the remnants of the terrorists from the theatre,” the statement said.

“What appears to be a suicide journey, the BokoHaram/Islamic State of West African Province attacked the well fortified Army Super Camp Damboa.

“The terrorists met their waterloo as they were pounded with superior firepower and additional fire support from the Air Task Force. The criminals withdrew in rout as they could not withstand the well organised and determined soldiers during the encounter”.

The statement added that “the Boko Haram terrorists suffered severe casualties as 22 terrorists were neutralised while others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot wounds.”

Two gun trucks destroyed, one NSV anti-aircraft gun, two rocket propelled grenade tubes, 4 PKT machine guns, one general purpose machine gun, one Browning machine gun, 12Ak 47 rifles, one AK 74 rifle were recovered, Eneche said in the statement.

#EndSARS: Death Toll Now 73 with 205 Police Stations Burnt

The death toll nationwide from the violence that erupted during the #EndSARS protests has now been revised to 73, with 22 of them policemen.

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, who gave the latest statistics on fatalities in Abuja yesterday, also directed his officers and men to henceforth sturdily defend themselves if attacked by hoodlums again.

The protests against the now-dissolved police Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), metamorphosed into days of killings and looting across the country.

Unveiling the gory statistics during a virtual meeting with commissioners of police in the 36 states and FCT, the IG also disclosed that 71 public warehouses and 248 privately owned stores were looted in the course of the protests in 13 states and the FCT.

The states are Lagos, Edo, Delta, Oyo, Kano, Plateau, Osun, Ondo, Ogun, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Ekiti states, as well as FCT.

The statistics were collated between October 11, 2020 when the #EndSARS protest assumed a national dimension and October, 27, 2020.

According to the IG, the affected states recorded major violence leading to attacks on critical national security infrastructure and other corporate and private properties as well as injuries or fatalities to civilians, the police and other security agents.

Adamu said 205 critical national security assets, corporate facilities and private property were attacked, burnt or vandalised.

“So far, a total of 10 firearms including eight AK 47 rifles stolen during the attack on police stations and a locally made pistol have been recovered from elements operating under the guise of the #EndSARS protesters”, he said.

In addition, 1,596 suspects were arrested in connection with the violence and widespread looting by hoodlums, who hijacked the protests across the country.

The breakdown shows that 520 suspects were arrested in Lagos, 367 in Plateau State, 210 in the FCT and 142 in Kwara State.

Similarly, 82 suspects were apprehended in Osun State, 60 in Adamawa State and 36 in Kano and Ogun states respectively.

He said 33 suspects were arrested in Edo State, 20 each in Kaduna and Akwa Ibom states, 15 in Abia and Delta states and 13 in Oyo and Ekiti states respectively.

Furthermore, 10 suspects were arrested in Rivers State and four in Ondo State.
“Out of these figures, not less than 1,117 have been charged to court across the country”, Adamu said.

You may be interested

BREAKING: Court Orders Arrest of Maina’s Son
News
9 views
News
9 views

BREAKING: Court Orders Arrest of Maina’s Son

Webby - November 24, 2020

Faisal A Federal High court has ordered the arrest of Faisal Maina, the son of Abdulrasheed Maina. The Court in…

‘You Are A Disgrace. Both Home And Abroad’ – Adesua Etomi-Wellington Lambasts Lauretta Onochie
News
5 views
News
5 views

‘You Are A Disgrace. Both Home And Abroad’ – Adesua Etomi-Wellington Lambasts Lauretta Onochie

Webby - November 24, 2020

Adesua Etomi-Wellington, Lauretta Onochie Nollywood actress, Adesua Etomi-Wellington hit hard on Tuesday morning, November 24, after seeing a photo shared…

“My Wife Sleeps With Our Pastor, Church Elder” – Man Cries Out In Court
News
11 views
News
11 views

“My Wife Sleeps With Our Pastor, Church Elder” – Man Cries Out In Court

Webby - November 24, 2020

File photo A man's marriage has been dissolved after he approached a court in Ibadan to narrate how his wife…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.