Search Site: OnlineNigeria

Close






Fire guts house on Allen

Posted by By Kemi Obasola on 2006/10/05 | Views: 354 |

Fire guts house on Allen


An early morning fire on Wednesday guts House 31 on Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

Published: Thursday, 5 Oct 2006
An early morning fire on Wednesday guts House 31 on Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

Men of the state fire service, who arrived at the scene at about 4.am, had a tough time putting out the fire.

A Lagos socialite, Mr. John Osayuwana, is believed to have lost property worth millions of naira in the fire that gutted his polo shop.

The Deputy State Director of Fire Services, Mr. Adedayo Ajose, who led the team of fire fighters, said the fire might have been caused by some chemicals stored in one of the rooms at the back of the one-storey building.

The deputy director who said that the shops in the front of the building were not affected when his men got there, however, regretted that seven of his officials sustained various degrees of injury, while trying to extinguish the fire.

“My officers who inhaled the gas emitting from the chemical are receiving treatment at the intensive care unit of the general hospital,” he said.

Apart from fire servicemen, a man was also said to have fainted as a result of the offensive odour of the chemicals.

He frowned at people storing chemicals in places that were not adequately ventilated.

He added that such chemicals generated heat and could explode at anytime.

The state Chief Fire Officer, Mr. Raimi Bolarinwa, said the fire fighters that were injured in the incident received first aid treatment at a hospital in Opebi.

Printer Friendly Version

Read Full Story Here.... :
Leave Comment Here :



Add Comment

* Required information
1000
Captcha Image

Comments (0)

No comments yet. Be the first!