Posted by By Gbenga Ariyibi on
Ekiti State House of Assembly has formally served the embattled Deputy Governor of the State, Mr Abiodun Aluko with 16 impeachable notice of offence, even as the embattled Deputy Governor, Mr Aluko has vowed not to resign his post despite intimidation
Ado Ekiti— Ekiti State House of Assembly has formally served the embattled Deputy Governor of the State, Mr Abiodun Aluko with 16 impeachable notice of offence, even as the embattled Deputy Governor, Mr Aluko has vowed not to resign his post despite intimidation
Though, the house has given a 14 day grace to the Deputy Governor to reply to the alleged offences, failure of which the house would explore all constitutional means of impeaching the Deputy Governor.
Briefing news men in Ado Ekiti yesterday, the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Mr Taiwo Olatunbosun said 24 out of 26 members of the State House of Assembly have signed the impeachment notice.
But in a switch reaction, the Deputy Governor, Mr Aluko said he stand by his words in Abuja that he would "not resign his appointment despite all intimidation"
Aluko who spoke through a press statement signed on his behalf by his press secretary, Mr Dele Owoyomi in Ado Ekiti yesterday said the views expressed in Abuja does not connote the fact that he was planning to pull down the State governor
The alleged acts of gross misconduct are as follows:-
1.That the Deputy Governor has been caught in his quest to cause division,apathy,and disunity amongst members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly by organizing some members and asking them to recruit others to support him against the constituted authority.
2.That the Deputy Governor has continuously treated members of the Ekiti State House of Assembly with utmost disdain and total disrespect.
3 That the Deputy Governor is involved in clandestine meeting against the Honorable House and continually undermine its integrity by making unguided utterances against the House in both the print and electronics media. His interview on the Channels Television which was relayed and aired at 7:30pm-8:00pm and 10:00pm on Thursday 18th August 2005 where he made a lot of unsavoury, frivolous and insulting comment about member of the House of Assembly is an example which considered grossly unbecoming of a person of a Deputy Governor.
4. That the Deputy Governor has resulted to blackmailing the leadership of the house by informing his political caucus falsely that the Speaker and Majority leader came to his office prostrating to beg him, when it was the Deputy Governor who himself invited them to his office.
5. That the Deputy Governor, MR. Aluko, falsely accused the Honourable Members in the presence of the National Chairman of PDP, PDP National Deputy Chairman (South), PDP National Vice chairman (South-West) , PDP Ekiti State Chapter Chairman of receiving a bribe of two million Naira each from the Executive Governor to impeach him.
6. That Aluko has drawn a demarcation between himself and the Government of Ekiti State as he has chosen to have his own political structure different from that of government and the political party to which he belongs.
7. That the Deputy Governor has been seeing anybody outside his political structure a an enemy and such people have become objects of threat and possible attack.
8. That the Deputy Governor had severally stated that he is prepared to pull down the government of Ekiti should his position be threatened.
9. That the Deputy Governor is presently sponsoring a local tabloid –– CLASS MAGAZINE which he saddles with the responsibility of writing negative stories about the activities of Government in Ekiti State which has been causing embarrassment and bringing the image of the government to ridicule.
10. That the deputy Governor regularly releases and leak to the mass media government official documents, thus wrongly exposing Ekiti State Government to public contempt and negative criticisms from opposition.
11. That the Deputy Governor has been holding nocturnal meetings with members of the opposing camps against the government with the aim of weakening the strength of PDP controlled government in Ekiti State.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.