Posted by By NWAGBO NNENYELIKE on
Fourteen-year-old boy, Adeboye Olujimi has recounted how his father, Tunde Olujimi of Ayobo Ipaja area of Lagos, died in his arm, as a result of electric shock.
Fourteen-year-old boy, Adeboye Olujimi has recounted how his father, Tunde Olujimi of Ayobo Ipaja area of Lagos, died in his arm, as a result of electric shock. Late Olujimi, a postgraduate student of Creative Arts Department (on music) of University of Lagos and music teacher, Queens College, Yaba did not live to write the assignment that made him put on power generator as a result of blackout. He died while changing power from NEPA to generator as NEPA immediately brought light.
According to the teenager, when his father returned from church, there was no electricity and he wanted to write any assignment.
"My father returned from the church around 8.20 p.m. There was no light. He said he had an assignment to write.
The assignment is for his master’s degree class in University of Lagos. He told me to bring out our generator. I did. He tried to put it on, but it could not start. He brought out the plug, cleaned it and put it back. As he started the generator again, it refused to make a sound. My father removed the wire connecting the generator to the NEPA and noticed that it has cut off. He was trying to put it in order and NEPA brought light. My father shouted Heh! Heh! Heh!, fell and his head hit the ground.
"I picked a stick, hit out the wire from his hand and shouted, our neighbours came. One of them brought his car. We took my father to the hospital .As we were going I kept on calling Father! Father! But my father did not answer me. When we got to one hospital in Ipaja, they said we should take him to the General Hospital. As we got to the General Hospital, Isolo, they said the doctors were doing a serious operation, that my father is still alive. We waited.
I continued calling Father! Father! I raised his arm and it was heavy. I called him again and again; he did not answer me. I knew that my father was dead. It became true that my father was dead when we got to the mortuary and I saw many dead bodies and my father was put among them,’’narrated the Junior Secondary School student of Great Grace Private School.
Mrs. Ibironke Olujimi, wife of the deceased said "Adeboye my son witnessed how electric shock snatched his father, my dear husband from us as a result blackout from NEPA. He can tell you the story. It was like his father died in his hands. I was not around. I went to Abuja. I was on transfer to our Abuja office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation where I work as a senior confidential secretary. My heart is heavy. It is a pity.
I called my husband from Abuja, he did not pick his phone. But he later flahed me. When I called again, he did not pick it, I kept on calling. Later my phone rang, I was told to pick the next available flight to Lagos that my husband had an accident. I was shocked. It was when I came that I was told it was electric shock and that he has died.’’
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.