Posted by By Henry Chukwurah, Port Harcourt on
Master Samuel Amadi, the kidnapped three-year-old son of the paramount ruler of Iriebe community in Rivers State has been released. The embattled child was released to his father yesterday afternoon at Choba town near Port Harcourt.
It was however not clear whether any ransom was paid to the kidnappers who had earlier demanded N5 million. Efforts to contact the boy’s father, Eze Francis Amadi to comment on the release drew blank as he did not pick phone calls.
Ironically, the monarch had spoken with Sunday Sun barely 40 minutes before the news of the boy’s release broke. It was however not clear whether the boy had been released to him as at time of the interview during which he spoke about the ransom.
During the telephone interview, Eze Amadi had told Sunday Sun that the N5 million ransom demanded by the kidnappers was far beyond his reach. “They said they want N5 million, and I don’t have N5 million. I am financially handicapped. I am only a traditional ruler.
I don’t know where I can lay my hand on N5 million. “I have no land. If I had a piece of land, I would have sold it but I don’t have. Reacting to an advice to pray, he said that, “before God can listen to a person’s prayer, he must be one hundred percent holy”.
The royal father’s son was abducted on Thursday, four days after the release of the three-year-old British girl, Margaret Hill late Sunday night.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.