Other types of customary law marriage
Besides the strict bride-price marriage, which is the commonest type, and the one most commonly contracted, there are other relationships which are regarded as marriage in customary law. While some of them possess the characteristics of a bride price marriage, others display different and unique features.
- Sororate Marriage
- Woman to woman marriage
- Widow inheritance or levirate marriage
- Big dowry small dowry marriage
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.