Formal validity of marriage
The Marriage Act lays down certain preliminary formalities, which axe to be fulfilled before the solemnization of marriage under that statute. Before embarking on the detailed examination of the formalities of marriage, it is necessary to draw attention to the position of marriage registrars. The Head of State is empowered to divide Nigeria by order into marriage districts. For each district, there is appointed a registrar of marriages. Above the marriage registrar, there is a principal marriage registrar. Every marriage registrar and the principal registrar have offices at places appointed by the appropriate central or state Commissioner.
- Preliminaries of marriages In Nigeria
- Celebration of Marriage In Nigeria
- Proof Of A Nigerian Marraige
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.