Fire breaks out at INEC office in Quan Pan LG in Plateau State
Reports indicated that the fire outbreak started Saturday night and razed down everything in the building, including Ballot Boxes, Generators, newly printed electronic and manual Voters Register, uncollected PVCs, and other materials yet to be identified.
The unfortunate incident was said to have been caused by the careless act of the office security guard who was allegedly drunk at the time of the incident and could not raise alarm to quell the inferno.
The INEC Head of Voters Education and Public Enlightenment, Osaretin Omohiereobon, was said to have confirmed the outbreak, noting that the management team from Jos, the State capital, were on their way to Qua’an Pan to assess the situation.
You may be interested
Trending audio forces Tinubu to reactWebby - February 20, 2019
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress on Wednesday refuted reports alleging that he boasted in Yoruba language that…
Feb 23: Buratai gives commanders tough ordersWebby - February 20, 2019
Chief of Army Staff Gen. Tukur Buratai has directed commanders to deal decisively with anyone caught doing anything that will…