PLACES OF TOURIST INTERESTPost Comment PLACES OF TOURIST INTEREST Nigeria
I. The lbom Connection a unique landmark built in 1989 on the site of the former Uyo inner city circus
2. Akwa lbom State Secretariat Complex. Uquo Ibeno
3. Ibeno Beach: A 30 km-long beach of clean sea sand to be developed for tourism.
4. The Mobil Oil Terminal at Ibeno.
5. The first Qua lboe Church building at Ibeno, erected in 1912 at the point where the first missionary and the founder of the Qua lboe Church landed in 1887.
6. Raffia weaving and wood carving. Oron
7. Oron Museum where the famous 'ekpu' carvings are preserved
8. Ebughu fishing trawlers berth.
9. Jamestown beach overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
10. Nwaniba beach along the lower Cross River valley. There is a golf course here.
II. Opobo Boatyard: A collection of abandoned ships of varius types and sizes litter the yard where boat building has long been suspended at this ancient river port.
12. Uta Ewa beach near Ikot Abasi.
13. Mary Slessor's house at Ikot Offiong, where the famous pioneer Scottish missionary devoted herself to humanitarian services.
14. Rolling hills and deeply incised valleys.
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.